Saturday, February 14, 2009

Where I Ought to Be

I'll take the pure water
That never offends
The mystery of nature
So deep to comprehend
I'll take the root from the earth
And the fruit from the tree
But don't bring the spoils from your slaughter
Anywhere near me

I'll take the King of Knowledge
That brings light to my eyes
I'll bow down to your divinity
As long as I'm alive
I'll take the sounds of the innocent
Defying liar's lips
But don't give me your plea
Or your self-serving trip

I'll take the warm rising sun
In the hopeful dawn
I'll take the grain from the fields
That fuels my body on
I'll take a soft swaying hammock
In the cool evening air
And if you ask for my help
If I can I will share

I'll take a row boat
On a lake plying smooth
I have no need to take chances
And I don't want to be rude
If you've got dare-devil blood
Then go dare over there
The purpose of my life
Includes to take care

If you've got love and devotion
I'll take a spoonful
If you show your true emotions
Then I can deal with you
But if you're a sly tricky knave
Then please go away
I don't need the temptation
There's just so much time in the day

If you've got profound insight
Talk to me a while
If you think things are delightful
Don't be afraid to smile
And if you want to help
Then please remind me
That where I am now
Is where I ought to be

No comments:

Post a Comment