Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Stack o' Jacks

I dreamed I saw Jack Kerouac worn out from his travels
Say "Gargs, me dear friend, don't let your precious life unravel"
Dean said, "Yes! Yes!" as Karlo Marx Howled
Which Allen Ginsberg wrote under the influence of rice and dal

I said "Mr. Kerouac, tell me what was the matter?"
You rediscovered America but your life slowly shattered
You died in Saint Petersburg as your stomach hemorrhaged
Was it any better than Mama Cass choking on a ham sandwich?

I dreamed I saw John Lennon die again in New York City
Mark David Chapman was standing over him trying to look pretty
The next day was a snow day and we all stayed home from school and cried
It shook me to the core just like the day my mother died

I dreamed I saw JFK listening to seductive Marilyn
With his wife standing by she had to take it on the chin
He could do no wrong so no one dare call it a sin
But when he got blown away the bloody mess fell upon Jacquelyn

Then Howard Cosell stepped up to host "This is Your Life"
He said "Telling like it is dear Gargs you've lived a lot of strife."
And he brought in my enemies who smiled and said they were my friends
They started circling 'round me like they were plotting my end

In the famous final scene Joe Fraizer started looking queasy
A livid poetic Ali said "I will not go down so easy."
Jackie Robinson stood up to the plate with confidence
He ran the bases so well the country had to deal with the consequence

Then John Lennon rose from the dead and said "We're no longer bigger than Jesus."
The pope breathed a sigh of relief and said "Brother John, you've finally pleased us."
George Hari-son started chanting "Hare Krishna" while sitting in a lotus
But the day had grown so dark only the sharpest eyes could notice


No comments:

Post a Comment