Sunday, February 22, 2009

Fear of Falling

I dreamed of fear and falling
Imagined worried voices calling
As I fell I heard them weep
For a short-lived life I could not keep

And as I plunged I felt their sorrow
Thought of tears they'd cry tomorrow
Knowing I could not be there
The depths of all hopeless despair

The blackened images of the night
That when all alone can cause us fright
Fear of being left out in the cold
Fear of sickness and growing old

But then I thought as I descended
Why mourn for that which can't be extended?
As no one can live here on earth forever
There's something we can meditate on that's better
Dying is only for this bodily shell
No one can kill the self-eternal

Just then my heart filled with great hope
And as my body fell I began to float
My mind no longer thought blood red
The joy of hope ran through my head

Instead, realized knowledge based on love and trust
Shined down upon my eyes of rust
And penetrated deep within
My heart felt peace and my face grinned

And as the final melancholy was rejected
I awoke to happiness resurrected 

No comments:

Post a Comment