Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Wheels Inside of Wheels

The endless loop of seven days
Keeps going round and round
Decades have passed in the same cycle
Yet I wake up to each new day

Start again Monday
Another week's grind
Depending on your attitude
You can get ahead
Or fall behind

Tuesday is good
For the good fight
Hard brisk walk
In a strong red shirt
By now I've surrendered
To the week's work

Wednesday is cunning
I like it for conversation
Suspended in the middle
Sharing the rocking boat with friends
We won't let each other fall overboard

Thursday I'm already turning the corner
Very big and a little slow
Afternoon yawns with rain falling down
Nowhere to nap so I carry on

Friday
Is the best day
When the zest for life awakens
And the weekend in front of you
The fever runs high
With good moods for all
But if you overindulge you'll regret it

Saturday is sided by cushions
Don't dare apply pressure today
Unless you're massaging my neck and back
Sunny afternoons
Hit the town for the night
Friends and dates and day trips

Sunday is bonus time
Having our fill of work and fun
We rest and relax
And prepare for the new cycle
When doors reopen
And lists are made

Everyday is new and old to me
As I round the corner in my own life-cycle
Wheels spinning inside of wheels
Repeated birth and death

No comments:

Post a Comment