Sunday, February 8, 2009

Popcorn T.V.

"Look before you leap,"
said Martha Stewart from the cliff.
"Why did they have to lock me up
over just an inside tip?"

"Think before you drink,"
said Dr. Phil stirring the glass.
"I'll let you know all 'bout Britney
but I must first cover my ass."

"Kill two birds with one stone,"
said O.J. Simpson's straining smile.
"I've been running all my life
but now I'm limping my last mile."

"Will work for billionaires,"
said George II's bewildered grin.
"I've helped highjack the government,
the game is fixed, you cannot win."

"You are what you eat,"
said Jack La Lanne shaking his head.
"If you don't eat living foods
they will soon pronounce you dead.

I was sitting with some popcorn
Zoned-out in front of the TV
Chewing on the faults on others
When the spry man startled me

Was he in it for the money?
Was he just like all the rest?
Or was he pointing toward my faults
and all the things I can't digest?

My TV may be humming
And gossip pierces like a knife.
But if I don't want to be mistaken
I should start living my own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment