Sunday, March 28, 2010

Listening To Wings

Listening to Wings while walking through the ghetto
Smiling at everyone I see
I think everyone wants to know what I’m listening to
That’s why they’re following me

There’s a big rapper dude
Who doesn’t want to be rude
So he’s hiding inside the alley
If he steps into the light I think I just might
Turn him on to some Paul McCartney

You know Mr. John Lennon was a little bit wrong
When he complained about silly loves songs
Soldier boys kissing girls in a tragic world
Makes me think about where the good times have gone

These children of poor men I think could appreciate
The way the Liverpool boy can sing
Even though he’s worth mutli-billion dollars
He sang his way out of a strugglin’ economy

Listening to Wings was always one my things
Ever since I was a little pup
With a voice like magic
Makes the world seem less tragic
Like I’m sailing in a China cup

No comments:

Post a Comment