Thursday, December 3, 2009

That Fateful Day

Walking gingerly on the semi-frozen tundra
Where I use to slide with glee as a youth
Trying to figure out a frustrating cundundrum 
Been whiling away my years with this excuse

Unraveling the skin of this poor white birch tree
Catching an unfortunate fish by the eye
Gradually all those deeds come ricocheting back to me
Won't raise my fist to the heavens and ask why

Walking on the hot sands of old Death Valley
Saw one hundred sneakers hanging from a leafless tree
Just then a mirage appeared of a young Bobby Dinero
His psycho eyes said "Are you looking at me?"

Dreamed I was five and my brother checked his wrist watch
Looked at me gravely and said "It's about that time."
The front door slowly opened and revealed a black haired witch
I tried to crawl away but she stole my body and mind

I've been trapped ever since in a dark tabernacle
That keeps changing form when I think it's finally solved
I've been lamenting my fate and labeling it a debacle
But within myself I've yet to let it resolve

Memories flood in of all the good times and bad times
But I guess it's mostly how you look at it
This misty path filled with the outstretched hands of the desperate
Who I can't ignore even when I think I've made it all fit

I was driving down Highway 101 to my next big destination
When I saw sad caged eyes being carried far away
No one cared to stop the most heinous crime of the century
I think I lost my enjoying spirit on that fateful day
  

No comments:

Post a Comment